Monday, June 23, 2008

With God

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He’s given
Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us
Give thanks



Last week's preparation for worship was not good. Partly because I wasn't feeling well and spiritually I wasn't doing well too. That's why last week's practice was real short. We're done even before 8pm.

As worship leader, you can't go on stage unprepared. If that's the case, it would only be a show instead of worshipping no matter how good or bad the session goes. and you wouldn't wanna give a great show for the sake of routine church service. That totally defeats the purpose of worship.

Good thing was, I chose songs that are familiar. No new songs. So technically, it wouldn't be hard to pratise them for the team.

Was suppose to wake up early on Sunday but failed again. I woke up wondering what to wear to class. Was kinda disoriented. Said a short prayer, prepared myself and left for church.

I was disoriented even in church. We didn't start off the worship the way I planned to. But we did pray before the early morning practice.

Everything was alright after that. and as we sang the song "Give Thanks", I found myself standing in the mighty presence of God again. Knowing how great He is and how small I am. Tears started flowing from my eyes and in fact we went into two free worship with the lead of the Holy Spirit.

It was awesome!

With God, the weak says "I am strong"
With God, the poor says "I am rich"

With God, niCk says "I'm His miracle!"

No comments: