And the weird thing is, I don't know anything about music. I literally started off with zero music knowledge. I learned how to strum a few chords on a guitar when I was 15. I passed the o-finger-so-pain-i-wanna-give-up period and moved on to play songs. With the help and encouragement from Hock Man-the man, I was able to play for my youth worship team back in Malaysia. Of course, I'm not a musician and I am far behind what a musician is.
When I was in form five, I still can remember the day when I penned down the word "Worship Leader" on our youth group PNW commitment slip. I was pretty sure I wanted to lead worhip. And I did! and just as I started leading worship, I had to leave for India.
I continue my worshipping "journey" by joining the pnw team 6 months after my arrival in Bread of Life Ministry, Manipal. It is here in Manipal that I've learnt the most about worship, especially the practical part of worship. Being a small church, we're allowed to do a lot of try-and-error stuff in order to learn and improve, may it be playing the instruments, leading worship, etc.
I've been learning, and will not stop learning.
That doesn't make me a great musician or a great worship leader but an instrument for God. To bless the people and to glorify God with all that I have.
and as i learn more about worship, I understand more that worship is not just music, but a lifestyle that glorifies God.
As I journal down this journey of mine, hope that it will help me to keep track of my spiritual life as well as to encourage those who read it.
Welcome and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment