Sunday, July 6, 2008

Passion

Today's worship was normal to me, again. But the process of preparing for the worship was great. It helped me to focus on God and deal with many issues of my life.

One thing I felt lacking was the involvement of the congregation today. Not that I can do anything though. I can't change the way people worship. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Well, different people have different preference in worship. and nobody is right or wrong. You can sing to God like young people going to rock concert or singing hymns in the silence like what I am doing now. The important thing is, God be glorified!

One thing I'm proud of was my team members, both musicians and singers. (basically everyone was suppose to be singer this week though, even the drummer!) Technically, I felt handicapped because I can't really hear my team singing. Somehow the mic wasn't working or the person forgot to sing into the mic or dunno-what reasons. But spiritually, I was really encouraged when I hear my backup worshipping God behind me. The passion they showed deeply inspired me. I'm sure the congregation was blessed by them!

Since the theme of today's worship was being passionate for God. I've put a lot of emphasis on Passion, Fire, Burn ... Songs that can stir up people's spirit to live a life that is on fire for God.

I pray that God will stir up our hearts too.

At least I myself need to be on fire for God!

Set our hearts right, be passionate for God and God's work and wait for God to work!

No comments: